Bob and Joan
On September 11, 1960…
- The average new house house cost $12,700
- The average personal income was $5,315
- Gas was $0.22/gallon
- Barack Obama will be born 11 months later
- Bob and Joan were married!
50 years later, on September 11, 2010…
- The average new house house cost $235,000
- The average personal income is $52,029
- Gas is $2.59/gallon
- Barak Obama has become the 44th President of the United States of America (that’s a whole topic for another blog entry, another day!!)
- Bob and Joan celebrated 50 years of wedded happiness!!
On Saturday September 11, 2010 Joan and Bob gathered their family to celebrate their wedding anniversary. They brought together three sons, a daughter, two daughters-in-law, and seven beautiful grandchildren to celebrate a legacy that they started in 1960 – fifty years ago! In a small, intimate service, Bob and Joan renewed their vows to love, honor, and cherish….
Congratulations to Joan and Bob, as well as the rest of this beautiful clan, for having lived through “better and worse” for the past 50 years, and for having provided what seems to me to be a strong foundation for your future generations! I wish you many more wonderful years of health and happiness, and I thank you for allowing me to be a small part in your celebration!